Monday, July 21, 2008

Memorizing Monday

This weeks memory verse:
Deuteronomy 6:7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

For parents, this verse should be our daily mantra. We should be looking for teachable moments to talk to our children about God's truth. These moments don't have to be planned out devotions, but yet just simple everyday moments where God's truth can be made real in our lives.

If you are feeling extra confident abut your memorizing ability, try memorizing versus 5-9:

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

3 comments:

Starr LaPradd said...

I love those verses. Aseschool mom, they are sort of my parenting theme. When I remember those words on the tough days, I know I am on the right path. Thanks for your reminder.
Love and blessings,
Starr

Starr LaPradd said...

Well, I meant to type "As a homeschool mom". Guess some of my letters disappeared! This must be one of those tough days!! Lol!

Anonymous said...

God does not make mistakes. It's all for His plan and purpose.