Saturday, September 13, 2008

She Said What?

Just talk to a child for a few minutes and chances are they will say something that makes you chuckle. My daughter has coined a new phrase, and every time she says it, I find myself giggling! Her new phrase is "sweet mother molasses". This phrase comes in handy many times throughout the day.

"Hannah, did you remember to bring home your Science book?"
"Sweet mother molasses, I forgot!"

"Hannah, you still haven't picked up that pile of stuff and put it away!"
"Well, sweet mother molasses, mom! I'll do it in a minute!

I have no idea how she came up with this saying. I guess it just came out of her mouth one day and she liked it! Well, however it came into existence, it sure brings a smile to my face every time I hear it! Sweet Mother Molasses!

3 comments:

Dave Van said...

OOoppps! Grandma and Gandpa's fault. She's been watching Zoey 101 on our cable..Nickelodeon. They use this "sweet mother molasses" phrase I found....with a google search!

Starr LaPradd said...

That is so cute!! My son and I have been making up funny tongue twisters all week long. It is so neat to hear the funny things that come from their minds, isn't it?
Love,
Starr

Angela said...

I think I am going to start saying this. It makes me laugh. A lot.