Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling Nostalgic

Last weekend I met up with some friends from high school. I haven't seen most of these people for 25 years! I can't believe it has been 25 years since I graduated from high school. It seems like just yesterday I was walking the halls of Piper High as a nervous freshman. I brought all four of my high school year books to our pseudo reunion and we all had a blast revisiting the past.

I have some wonderful memories of high school. I remember being a Pirateer and a Pied Piper! What in the world is a pirateer and a pied piper you ask? Our school dance team was called The Pirateers and the Pied Pipers were a small ensemble vocal group. I have great memories of dancing and singing my way through high school! Two of my favorite classes were Spanish and guitar class, but yet I can't speak any Spanish or play the guitar! I remember driving to school my senior year in my cool metallic gray Trans Am! I remember proms, plays and hanging out at the "plaza". (You have to be from my home town to fully understand the meaning of the "plaza".)




Senior Picture


Drill Team Spring Show





Trans Am!





Graduation


As I look back over the past 25 years my mind is flooded with great memories. There have been good decisions made and not so good decisions made. Reflecting back makes me think more about the future than the past. Will I like what I see looking back on the next 25 years? The old saying rings so true, "if I knew then what I know now...."


I want to take that thought, and take all that I have learned and live the next 25 years with both purpose and passion! I think my next blog will be the top ten things I want to accomplish in the next 25 years. What was your favorite high school memory?

1 comment:

Dave Van said...

My favorite High School memories have to do with the automobiles that a select group of friends acquired during the HS years. Here’s a list of the vehicles either that I owned or good friends owned:
Ed’s 1939 4-door Chevrolet
Waynes’s 1948 Chevy
Ed, Wayne and Dave’s 1933 Dodge
Dave’s, 1932 Ford Roadster, & 1948 Chevy Coupe
Wouldn’t it be great to get these vehicles back. Now that’s nostalgia!